1. Backpacks, large bags and umbrellas are not allowed in the museum. These can be handed in at the cloakroom, to prevent accidental damage to the works of art.
2. It is not allowed to touch the works of art in the museum and sculpture garden, unless specifically indicated otherwise.
3. Photographs can be taken in the museum, but only without a flash or a tripod/selfie stick.
4. Writing and drawing is allowed in the museum, but only with (coloured) pencil or ballpoint pen. Writing against the walls is not allowed. Sitting on the ground is only permitted when it is not too busy.
5. It is not allowed to bring food or drinks into the exhibition rooms or to the restaurant. This is, however, possible in the cloakroom and in the sculpture garden (with the covered Rietveld pavilion).
6. Smoking is prohibited in the entire museum, including the restaurant.
7. Running, playing around and shouting are not allowed.
8. You can give your own guided tour with a maximum of 20 people, to ensure the museum rooms remain accessible for other visitors. A headset is required in the period 1 March through 31 October.
9. (School) groups with an average age of 18 years or younger must always be accompanied by an adult.
10. Dogs are not allowed in the museum or sculpture garden, with the exception of guide dogs. The museum is naturally accessible for wheelchairs, but Segways are only permitted in the sculpture garden.
11. Instructions from our staff must be observed at all times.