The Kröller-Müller Museum takes the protection of your privacy very seriously. We therefore process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this policy, we set out the purposes for which your personal data is used. We only use your personal data for the purposes set out here.
We collect the personal data that we need to enter into and perform agreements, to maintain contact with you, to supply educational products, and to meet your instructions and requests. The personal data we collect is mainly your name and address, if applicable your organization and job position, and other data needed for communication purposes, such as telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
If you have subscribed to the Kröller-Müller Museum newsletter, we use your name and e-mail address to send you newsletters. Each newsletter we send to you provides an opportunity to unsubscribe from it or to change the registered details. If you ask for your personal data to be erased, your name and e-mail address will be removed from our database. This e-mail address database is used for this purpose only and will not be made available to third parties.
We regularly conduct research in order to help us improve the quality of our websites and apps. This research is usually conducted anonymously. In the case of research requiring the processing of personal data, we do not request more personal data than is strictly necessary. We also ask for explicit permission to process this data.
We are legally obliged through current privacy rules to inform you that the personal data you provide is a necessary condition for us to provide you with our services. We process your personal data in accordance with the following legal bases:
- your consent (which you can withdraw it by contacting us or, in the case of the newsletter, using an unsubscribe link)
- to perform an agreement (e.g. in the case of sales in the online store and the sale of tickets)
- to comply with a legal obligation
- to protect the legitimate interest of ourselves or a third party Our interests include improving the website by establishing what information is most relevant to visitors
- to perform a task in the public interest (e.g. to protect the collection).
As a rule, we do not share your personal data with third parties. This is subject to some exceptions:
- we share your data for the sale of entrance tickets with Global Ticket B.V. When you purchase a ticket for the Kröller-Müller Museum, your data will be temporarily stored in the ticket reservation system of Global Ticket B.V. We have signed a processor agreement with Global Ticket B.V. to guarantee the security of your data.
- if you are a backer (boeker) your backer's card gives you free admission to the museum. As a backer you are also given a contributor’s card for De Hoge Veluwe National Park which grants you admission to the park. We pass on your personal data to De Hoge Veluwe National Park for this purpose. The park enters your data into their systems to produce your contributor's card.
- if you book a group or school tour with us, we will share this data with De Hoge Veluwe National Park. We do this to let them know you will be arriving, to arrange admission to the park, and to grant any discounts you are entitled to if you have a school subscription.
- In other cases, we will only share your personal data if a third party provides us with a service (such as the technical management of our websites, administration, and address records). We enter into an agreement with all such third parties in which we agree that your personal data will be adequately protected.
Like the Kröller-Müller Museum, De Hoge Veluwe National Park is a Controller as defined in the GDPR and must comply with the GDPR. We are therefore not required to enter into an agreement with them. You can view the privacy statement of De Hoge Veluwe National Park here.
The Kröller-Müller Museum has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing (hacking). All information is treated confidentially and is stored on secure servers.
We retain your personal data at least for the period for which we are legally obliged to do so, but no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data was obtained. We store data on the sale of articles from the online store and admission tickets for a maximum of seven years, in accordance with the retention obligation under tax law.
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights with regard to the processing of your personal data. The most important of these are as follows:
- the right to request information about the personal data we process about you
- the right to rectify your personal data
- the right to have your data erased; this right only applies if the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please send a request to email@example.com.
The above is not a complete list of your rights. For a complete list, please refer to the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
We only disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by an organization with legal powers. If we receive a request from such an organization to disclose personal data, we will only inform you about this if we are permitted to do so. We will not share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
To the extent that we post links to third party websites on our websites, it is important to note that when visiting these third-party websites, the privacy statement of the website in question applies rather than that of Stichting Kröller-Müller Museum.
Some cookies are indispensable for the proper working of the website. Without these cookies (parts of) the website would not work. These are, in contrast to the non-functional cookies, placed without permission from the website user.
On this website, we use the service of AddThis to enable you to share content to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. These sharing buttons operate by means of a code which originates from AddThis. Cookies are placed through this code. The Kröller-Müller Museum has no control over these cookies. Please visit www.addthis.com/privacy for more information.
Most internet browsers can be set in such a manner that cookies are not accepted or so that you will be informed when you receive a cookie. The manner in which you can do this depends on the browser you use. Please take into consideration that certain parts of the website will not, or not optimally, function when you block cookies. The manner in which you can disable cookies is different for each browser.
Removing cookies afterwards
After visiting this website you can opt to remove the cookies from your computer. How you are able to do this is different for each browser.