Make your own dream house
Now it’s your turn! What makes a house a nice home? You can decide that yourself. Take on the role of an architect and create your dream house for the future
You will need:
- Someone you live with
- Sit back to back.
- Person 1 is the client: you describe what the house of your dreams looks like. Person 2 is the architect: you try to draw the dream house as well as you can.
When describing what you want, keep the following things in mind:
- Is it round, straight, lumpy or…?
- Where is the house located? On a mountain, can it fly or can you tow it with a car, like the artwork?
- Are there windows, doors and openings or is it closed?
- What’s outside the house? A swimming pool, a special house for your pet or…?
- If everything is possible in the future, what gadgets will you have in your home? Is there still a TV?
- When the client has said all they want and the architect is finished drawing, look at the drawing together. Is the result close to what the client described? Now swap roles.
Want to take a peek inside Mobile home? Watch the video of Atelier Van Lieshout:
Build a 3D house from your drawing and use different materials. You can use anything! Think of boxes, things you find in the woods, sandwich bags and other crazy things. When you’ve collected enough stuff, you can build your dream house.
Send a photo to email@example.com or share a photo on Instagram and tag us @krollermullermuseum. We’d love to see what you’ve made!