You will need:
- Thin wire (approx. 0.5 mm thick)
- Masking tape
- Black marker
- A photo of you printed on A4 paper
Follow the steps in Matthea’s tutorial, or use the step-by-step plan below:
- Print a photo of your face as large as possible on A4 paper.
- Use the marker to draw the shape of your face, your eyes, nose, mouth and hair.
- Lay the wire flat on your photo and follow the black lines of your face.
- Make your portrait more sturdy by wrapping the wires around each other here and there.
- When you’ve finished a piece, tape the wire to the photo.
- Is your wire portrait ready? Then you can hang it up or place it on a block of wood.
Send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or share a photo on Instagram and tag us @krollermullermuseum. We’d love to see what you’ve made!