A collection of nature
Anne Geene counts, measures, photographs and collects objects from nature. She looks for similarities or patterns, repetitions and minor variations. For example, she collects leaves with small holes, twigs, stones and pine needles. She then makes a beautiful arrangement of her finds. And so can you!
You will need:
- Collection bingo card
- A bag for your collection
- A phone or camera to take photographs
- Look at the collection bingo card below. Print the card or take it with you on your phone.
- Go outside and play collection bingo! Look for an object for each category or choose one category and collect lots of those objects.n.
- Finished searching? Place the collected items together and sort them in different ways. For example, from large to small, from soft to hard, from (almost) the same to very different.
- Combine your collection into one work of art. You can place the items side by side, stack them or hang them up. Which do you prefer?
Find a beautiful place for your collection, or take a photo. Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or share it on Instagram with #athomewithart and tag us @krollermullermuseum. We’d love to see it!
Collaboration with ArtEZ
Many thanks to Maud, David, Eveline, Kjeld and Sanne, students at ArtEZ University of the Arts, for their contribution to this At Home with Art assignment as part of their interdisciplinary work experience.